Dear Valued Guest,
It’s time for the boring stuff, but it’s necessary as we want to make your stay at Ballina Beach Nature Resort a safe and happy one. Please take a minute to read these Terms & Conditions, including our cancellation policy.
Arrivals & Departures
Check-in is from noon for tent and caravan sites and 2.00pm for holiday villas, luxury tents and cabins. Check-out is by 10am. Please contact reception if you require an extended check-out.
Please bring valid photo identification with you. Your passport, government-issued ID card or driving licence are all accepted as valid forms of identification and may be asked for at check-in.
Specific Accommodation Requests
While we welcome (and will do our best to accommodate) requests for specific holiday villas, cabins, luxury tents, caravan and tent sites, we cannot guarantee them.
Bookings cannot be accepted from any person under 18 years unless accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. We require at least one adult in all accommodation types for the duration of your stay.
Payment for Direct Bookings via Our Website or Phone
A deposit of at least one night is required to secure all bookings. Full payment may be required at the time of booking, depending on the booking type and period between booking and visit.
Balance of payment
For school holidays, long weekends and peak seasons, the balance of payment is due 30 days before arrival. For all other times, the balance of payment is due and payable 24 hours before check-in.
Credit card pre-authorisation
Pre-authorisation using a valid credit card is required for all bookings.
We will send a reminder email with details of how to pay seven days before your payment is due. The easiest way to make this payment is via our Guest Portal.
Preferred payment method
Our preferred payment method is via credit card, the details of which we require to secure all bookings. Please be aware that we only accept MasterCard and Visa. Credit card payments incur a 1.5% credit card surcharge.
Ballina Beach Nature Resort’s rates, including additional guest charges, vary according to the season and are subject to change. Our rates are based on two guests per holiday villa, cabin, luxury tent, caravan site or tent site. However, we warmly welcome additional guests up to a maximum of six people for each accommodation type.
Infants 4 years and under incur no additional charge.
Additional guest tariffs
Additional guests are from $10 per person for a caravan or tent site and $20 for our holiday villas, cabins and luxury tents. Additional guests must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Promotion are only available for direct booking via our website.
- Bookings must be made by the specified date, any change of dates or cancellations after the booking date follow our standard booking terms and conditions.
- Promotions do not apply to group bookings. If you have a group booking enquiry please contact [email protected].
- Most promotions have blackout dates, please refer to specific promotion for available dates.
Low season: No minimum night stay.
Mid season school holiday and long weekends: 2-night minimum
Peak season Christmas/New Year: 5-night minimum
Peak season Easter: 4-night minimum
Peak season: 3-night minimum
Resort Management may vary the minimum stay. However, this is limited to selected holiday villas, cabins, luxury tents, and sites where there is a shorter vacancy between confirmed bookings. Therefore, we cannot guarantee a short duration will be accepted at the time of booking. Please contact us to find out more.
If you do need to cancel your booking please note we can only accept cancellations in writing by email to [email protected]. Please include your Surname, phone number, reservation number, and the cancellation provision you are following (see below).
Up to 14 day prior:- A refund is provided (less $30 administration fee per site/cabin/tent/villa). Or funds paid are held in credit for up to 12 months.
Less than 14 days to arrival date:- no refund of 1st night deposit, credit not available.
School Holidays, Long Weekends and Group Bookings:
1 month prior:- A refund is provided (less $30 administration fee per site/cabin/tent/villa). Or funds paid are held in credit for up to 12 months.
Less than a month prior to the booking date:- no refunds given.
Group bookings are classified as any booking of 5 or more sites or cabins, no matter if they are paid for individually or as a group.
Unfortunately, we WILL NOT REFUND for reasons of late check-in, early check-out, shortening of stay, illness or poor weather while at the resort.
Ballina Beach Nature Resort recommends all guests have travel insurance.
The above cancellation policy applies to booking made directly with Ballina Beach Nature Resort (not through any Online Travel Agents).
Keys for Holiday Villas, Cabins & Luxury Tents
Guests will be given a key when they check-in. If you lose or damage the key, you will be charged $20.00 for a replacement, so please keep it safe!
Bunk Beds (For Ages 9+ Only)
Holiday villas, luxury tents and cabins feature bunk or elevated beds. It is our duty of care to advise all parents that the new Australian Standards recommend that children under the age of nine years should not sleep on the top bunk or elevated beds as it can be dangerous.
The comfort, safety and security of our guests are important to us. Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests or staff will be asked to leave Ballina Beach Nature Resort and will not be given a refund. Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, and property.
Smoking is not permitted inside any of our holiday villas, cabins or luxury tents, as well as Turtles Café, the amenities blocks or the camp kitchen. Any guest found smoking inside a holiday villa, cabin or luxury tent will be charged a $250.00 cleaning fee and asked to leave immediately. A refund will not be issued.
Ashtrays are provided in front of every holiday villa, cabin and luxury tent. Please only dispose of your cigarette butts in the ashtrays provided.
Drug use is illegal in Australia. Any guest found using drugs at Ballina Beach Nature Resort will be asked to leave the premises immediately. A refund will not be issued.
10pm Noise Curfew
We ask that everyone abides by our 10pm noise curfew. No music, gatherings, shouting and so on is permitted after 10pm. This is to ensure all our guests enjoy a peaceful, uninterrupted sleep. Guests who break this curfew will be asked to leave immediately, and no refund will be issued.
Damage to Ballina Beach Nature Resort Property
Guests are expected to reimburse Ballina Beach Nature Resort for any damage caused by misuse, inappropriate or reckless behaviour during their stay.
Bathrooms, Toilets, Showers & Laundry
There are three amenity blocks, including baby bath facilities, disabled bathroom and coin-operated laundries. Washing machines and dryers take $1 coins or tokens and are $5 per load. If you require change, please visit our Resort Shop at the Turtles Café. We ask that you wash down anything you use and take your belongings with you.
Camp Cooking Facilities & Hours
Our camp kitchen is available for you to enjoy with abundant indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the resort. The kitchen includes indoor BBQs, oven, fridge-freezer, microwave, jug and toaster. We ask that you limit the use of the camp kitchen after 10pm for the comfort of your fellow campers.
Dogs & Other Pets
Your socialised dog is welcome all year round, even in our pet-friendly cabins, villa's and luxury tents (for a fee). Ballina Beach Nature Resort operates with Ballina Shire Council approval on this basis. The management and control of your dog while in the Shire is your responsibility.
Fee, advance notification & pet limits
You must advise us that you have a pet(s) at the time of bookings, there is a charge of $20 per pet per night in any accommodation and $10 per pet per night on a site after the first pet. If bookings accommodation only book pet friendly cabins, villas and luxury tents.
Rules for bringing pets
By bringing your pet with you to our Nature Resort, you must agree and adhere to the following rules:
- It is expected that dogs are not aggressive, inclined to bark and fully vaccinated.
Animals must be fully registered and have an identification tag with their name and phone number on a secure collar.
- Animals must be under the effective control of their owner at all times and cannot be left alone at any time.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times unless you are supervising them in our fenced-off dog park.
- If staying in a pet-friendly cabin villa and luxury tent, please bring your dog’s bedding as they are not permitted on any furniture. Failure to comply will result in extra cleaning/damage costs.
- Please ensure you always pick up after your dogs. Doggie bags are provided in the dog park if you did not bring your own.
- The beach in front of us and the river area to the north of Ballina Beach Nature Resort are National Parks. They do not allow animals under any circumstances.
- If your dog cannot comply with any of the above, they will be asked to leave, and you will need to go with them.
- From time to time, there are certain areas within Ballina Beach Nature Resort where animals are not allowed due to the feeding of glossy black-cockatoos. These areas will be clearly designated by signage. Furthermore, if we observe glossy black-cockatoos feeding in our Nature Resort, animals are not to be tied to feed trees or trees adjacent to feed trees.
- Guests must be aware that, from time to time, Ballina Shire Council conducts fox baiting within the South Ballina Nature Reserve. This is contained to areas where dogs are strictly not allowed. For your dog’s safety, it is vital they do not enter these areas.
- Cats and other domesticated animals will only be permitted with prior approval. To protect wildlife, they are only allowed at our Ballina Beach Nature Resort if they are kept in secure cages at all times.
- Guests with animals must sign a registration form at or before check-in, part of which confirms they have read and will comply with all the above rules.
- If any rule is breached, Ballina Beach Nature Resort Management reserves the right to ask the guest to leave without any refund of unused money or dog bonds.
Only one vehicle per holiday villa, cabin, luxury tent or site is allowed unless specifically arranged with the office.
All vehicles must be parked entirely within the holiday villa, cabin, luxury tent or site’s boundary or driveway.
Boats & trailers
You must notify us before arrival if you are bringing a boat and/or trailers. Boats and trailers must fit entirely within the Holiday Villa, Cabin, Luxury Tent or site’s boundary or driveway.
Speed limit & safety
The speed limit throughout Ballina Beach Nature Resort is 4 km/h. Please watch out for pedestrians and bike riders, particularly children. Do not allow children to ride bikes or scooters after dark.
As an eco-friendly destination, we need to provide our own water on-site, so it is a precious commodity. Please use our water wisely and don’t take long showers.
All potable drinking water is provided via either our desalination plant or by capturing rainfall from rooftops. This rainwater goes through a first catchment system before it is double filtered and then chlorinated before arriving at the tap.
We also have a bore on the property, which is used for the toilets and our fire hose reels. The bore water is not recommended for drinking due to the high levels of salinity and minerals. The bore water can also be discoloured throughout the year, and you may see this in the toilets. Please be reassured that this is the natural water colour, and not because the toilets are unclean. Check out our FAQ for more info.
We also process all sewage on-site, so please do not put harsh chemicals, nappies, solid materials or excessive toilet paper into the toilets and sinks, as this may disrupt the delicate balance of bacteria at our treatment plant.
Yes, we allow campfires! However, fires are permitted in braziers only. For everyone’s safety, there are certain conditions that we ask our guests to adhere to.
Resort fire bans
- We may impose a resort fire ban if management deems it too hazardous or during total fire bans or high winds (please check the NSW Rural Fire Service website).
- Fires must be put out if directed by the management to do so. At no time are fires to be left unattended
You must not, at any times, cut or break trees or branches on our property or any of the surrounding National Park or other lands for firewood. Wood and kindle are available for purchase at the Resort Shop located inside the Turtles Café.
Rules for a campfire at Ballina Beach Nature Resort
We are surrounded by stunning natural beauty, protected by National Parks, to assist in this protection you may not collect firewood or kindling from the park or surrounds. We have both firewood and kindling for sale at the café.
- Children and pets should be supervised at all times when near a fire.
- All campfires must be in a self-contained, raised firepit or brazier.
- Campfires cannot be set on verandas, decks, under awnings or trees, or within 3m of any building or structure.
- Campfires must not be left unattended at any time.
- Fires must be completely extinguished before leaving the fireside for any reason.
- No burning of rubbish is allowed.
- Please be considerate to your neighbours concerning noise and smoke.
- Do not dispose of hot ashes, fire must be completely cooled before emptying a brazier.
- Site must be left clean of all ash and wood debris.
From time to time, we may fall under a Total Fire Ban (TFB), all guests must comply. When a TFB is declared it is illegal to do anything that is likely to start a fire which includes cooking outside using an open fire. You could be fined up to $25,000 or jailed for 12 months or both if you ignore the Total Fire Ban.
There is a charge of $10 per day for the hire of a Braizer. You can book a brazier for use during your stay online, brazier hire is subject to availability. There is also a Bond of $50 which will only be refunded when the Brazier is returned cleaned to Reception by 10am the day following the hire day(s).
If you have your own brazier, we still need to approve it before use and you will still need to sign the Fire waiver form.
IN AN EMERGENCY CALL 000 TO REPORT A FIRE
We make every effort to ensure all information displayed on our website is accurate. We are unable to guarantee that the website is free of errors or faults. We reserve the right to change information displayed on our website (including these Terms & Conditions) at any time without notice to you.
For further details about Ballina Beach Nature Resort, including accommodation types, nature activities, resort facilities and frequently asked questions, please refer to our website.
We look forward to welcoming you to our idyllic escape-to-nature destination and wish you a relaxing and happy stay.
Torob Operations Pty Ltd ATF Torob Operations Trust
ABN 39 394 681 664
Trading as Ballina Beach Nature Resort